London Glassblowing is the UK’s foremost gallery and studio for the creation and display of contemporary glass art. Visitors will experience at close hand the heat of the furnace as they watch the magical ancient craft unfold before them. Artworks from the UK’s finest glass artists are for sale and can be shipped internationally for those visiting from abroad.
- Founded in 1976 – one of Europe’s longest running hot glass studios
- 10 resident artists – some of the finest talent in the UK
- 1100°C – the furnace runs 24/7, 365 days a year and is the heart of the studio
- 150kg – the approximate weight of molten glass within the furnace
- 36 hours – how long it takes to cool the pieces in our annealing oven
- 4 years – our glassmakers have all been extensively trained at college before joining us as junior assistants
Join for a visit to our gallery and studio to watch a glassblowing demonstration.
Visitors will experience the heat and magic of the ancient craft of glassblowing while watching a gather of molten glass evolve into a thing of value and beauty. Simply come in, pull up a chair, and watch the masters in action.
Book your free place for this event HERE.
15th, 16th, 17th, 18th January 2019, 12:00-12:45pm
62-66 Bermondsey Street, London SE1 3UD
It's time to learn to Love your Lunch hour again. Taking a break from your working day is proven to enhance a healthy lifestyle so Team London Bridge is providing a menu of FREE lunchtime options around London Bridge to get you out and about weekday lunchtimes throughout January 2019. Check all our Love Lunch events here.
Twitter @TeamLondonBdg / Instagram @teamlondonbridge/ #LoveLunch19
We will only contact you with reference to the event you have shown interest in. We may send you information relevant to the event after it has taken place. If you do not wish to be contacted please email email@example.com
We/a third party may be taking photos/filming at this event. Please let us know in advance if you do not wish to be included in this and do not give your permission to have your image used in future by Team London Bridge in relation to this event.