Public transport across the country is subject to alterations from usual service for the whole of the Christmas week.
Between Saturday 22 December 2018 and Tuesday 1 January 2019, planned works and service changes may affect your journey.
Key service changes will include:
National Rail Services
- No services on Christmas Day except for Santander Cycles, Dial-a-Ride (for registered members only), Taxi and Private Hire and coaches which are available throughout the Christmas period
- No London Overground, TfL Rail or MBNA Thames Clipper services on Boxing Day
- Dial-a-Ride services will run throughout the Christmas season (for registered members), but are limited on certain days and are subject to different booking dates
- Changes to frequency and timetable of most services during this period
- There will be FREE travel on TfL services from 23:45 on New Year's Eve until 04.30 on New Year's Day (except on London Rivers and Emirates Air Line services).
Key service information:
- Many London Victoria services will be diverted to London Bridge. London Bridge Station will be busy
- Services will stop running early on 24 Dec from 2000 onwards
- No services on Christmas Day
- Limited services Boxing Day
- Gatwick Airport service will be running Boxing Day from London Bridge
- Additional services to East Croydon on New Year's Eve
- New Thameslink timetable from 10 December with 200 extra services Mon to Fri.
Alternatively, MBNA Thames Clippers will be running a Festive Timetable
24 Dec to 1 Jan from London Bridge City Pier. What better way to see London at this time of year than from the river!